Saturday, January 22, 2011

Introduction - Top 5 things I use on the Internet


Hi, to everyone reading this & Mr Abel Choy,
I'm Christopher and to start off my brand new blog about the internet, I will introduce you guys to the top 5 things I use most frequently on the internet.


No. 1 : Facebook
Yes, this should come as no surprise at all to many of you, especially those who know me. I am a Facebook addict.
I love to upload pictures of restaurant and yummy food that I eat wherever I go. I have 2 full albums of food currently and I definitely plan to keep it going. ^^
Facebook also enables me to keep track of what my friends are doing and be updated on their lives, usually through pictures they upload.
One great feature I like about Facebook is that it has a birthday alert.
Since most of my friends are on my Facebook list, I will be notified whenever one of their birthday is arriving.


No. 2 : YouTube
YouTube is wonderful!
I use it to watch all sorts of videos when I am bored.
There are movie trailers, funny videos, and even television series.
However, one of the bad things about watching television series on YouTube is that it is usually divided into many short videos (usually less than 10 mins each).
Also, due to copyright issues, many current US based television series or movies are not available on YouTube.
On the up side, YouTube videos tend to load faster than many other video viewing websites. ^^


No. 3 : Online Shopping
A few years ago, I was not a fan of online shopping as I prefer the feeling of going to a mall and browse for things I want to buy. I still do.
But ever since my friends introduce me to some of these online stores, I got hooked immediately. I guess one of the main reason is that they offer huge discounts for major labels at different times of the year.
Definitely cheaper than buying in our local stores.
ASOS (UK) and Nordstrom (USA) are one of the few websites I visit most often.
For those of you interested, do check it out some time.
You may just find the bag or shirt you wanted that is out-of-stock in the local stores. ^^


No. 4 : Windows Live Messenger
Windows Live Messenger is also a tool that I cannot live without.
I log on to it automatically whenever I switch on my laptop.
I chat with my friends on it, have group chat or webcam sessions with them too.
Since I am on my laptop most of the time when I am at home, it allows me to chat and catch up with many of my friends that I have no time to meet in person.
The best thing about such online messenger is that it allows me to reply at my own pace.
So I can be doing my work and chatting at the same time. ^^


No. 5 : G-Mail
Lastly, I use G-Mail for both work and personal matters.
It is almost impossible to live without an E-Mail account nowadays, especially for work.
In my case, I use it mostly for school work. It allows me to communicate more effectively with my peers or project group mates.
One thing I like about G-Mail is that it is relatively stable and has an enormous storage space. Almost unlimited.
However, I must admit that I do not enjoy opening my E-mail account sometimes as it always means that I have more work to do. =(


No comments:

Post a Comment