Saturday, February 5, 2011

Social Media - Blogs


According to Wikipedia,

A Blog is a type of website or part of a website.

They are usually maintained by an individual with regular entries (like this one you are reading now), description of events, or other graphic materials.

Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order.

Most blogs are interactive, allowing visitors to leave comments and even message each other via widgets on the blogs and it is this interactivity that distinguishes them from other static websites.

If you are reading this now, I am sure you are no stranger to a blog and I certainly do not want to go into the boring technical details of blogging.

Instead, I would like to share my personal blog with you guys - actcutemonster.blogspot.com

If you do get a chance to visit my blog, you will realize that the color theme is the same as this blog. I selected this color theme based on the color theme of one of my favorite brands - Chanel.

As you would notice in my blog, there is a lot more pictures than text.

I feel that people nowadays have really short attention span and having more pictures will definitely make a blog more interesting.

Below is the market share of the various blogging sites in 2006.

However, ever since Google bought over blogger, it has expanded rather rapidly. There are also many new blogging websites that appear over the years.

Micro-blogging sites such as Twitter is definitely what is vogue now as it's popularity surpasses many of the more established blogging sites.


No comments:

Post a Comment